Here are some great home organizer tips! These home organizer tips apply for different areas of the house!
Do these in evenings and mornings
- Make lunches and set out the clothes you are supposed to wear the day after and put everything you need for tomorrow in a reachable place.
- Have the kids pack their homework and books in their backpacks.
- Decide on a breakfast menu the night before. So that you won’t be confused in the morning. Thinking “what do I do” might eat up a lot of time in the mornings.
- Make a to-do list and prioritize the tasks. We say get your phone one of those apps. There is a plenty.
- Fill up the gas tank the day before. So that you know nothing would mess up your schedule.
- Buy a plastic tub with a handle on top to organize your countertops. Place all the stuff incudign the hairspray and lotion in the tub and place it under the counter. Take the tub out when you are ready to use it, and put it back under the counter when you are finished with it.
- Place your soaps, body wash, shampoos and conditioners in the shower caddies. These are available in department stores.
- Buy a water squeegee –like the ones you use on windows- and keep it in the show to keep your shower doors clean. Wipe down the doors with the squeegee when you are done with the shower.
- Install a simple magnetic strip in your medicine cabinet and hang tweezers, nail clippers and scissors from it.
- Sort through, bag and donate anything you don’t wear anymore to a local charity. This includes clothes that are no longer in fashion, no longer fit or you haven’t worn in over a year. Also get rid of those worn-out and/or uncomfortable shoes you no longer wear.
- Categorize your clothes by purpose: work, casual, cold- or hot-weather wear and formal.